Wednesday, April 15, 2009

SlimDoggie Millionaire (Slumdog Millionaire)


I happened to catch Slumdog Millionaire finally the other day. As always I wanted to give my two cents on whether or not it was worth all the attention it got.

For those who have been living under a rock and have never heard of Slumdog Millionaire then you did miss something grand.

Who's in it? no one you would know unless you're from India.
What's it about? I'll try to give a brief synopsis without spoilers.
Where can I see it? Blockbuster or your fav movie spot.

The story follows a young man who wins India's version of "Who Wants to a Millionaire" and gets accused of cheating in the process. While being interrogated by the police he is ordered to confess and explain how he did it. The intriguing premise of the film is summed up with the investigator's question, "how can a Slumdog go farther than our countries brightest minds?" To which the young man responds "it is my destiny".

Did he cheat? How did he make it on the show? The answers to these questions and other surprises await us as we share this amazing journey.

So for the record I would have to say that this is one of the most ambitious films of the year. it really shows in the production value. From the music to the acting they really proved they have the goods to make it in an American market and beyond. As you know this is a Bollywood produced film tailored for the western film market and I for one agree it was worth all the attention it got.

for more info go to www.imdb.com and punch in Slumdog Millionaire.
for the music go to your fav music spot and punch in Slumdog Millionaire.

Way to go, Jai Ho!!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey Caloozian, I didn't really like Slum Dog. Too dark for me --- there was not a single ray of light in the whole movie until the last 5 minutes. Depressing.

    ReplyDelete